Can I work in Mexico through a VPN as a Teleperformance employee to appear as if I am still located in the US and place of hire?

I have recently been employed by teleperformance. I was not aware that they get an alert notification if i were to log in on my equipment from them from another country or place that was not my place of hire.  They give us a VPN to use but can i use a VPN on top of that to conceal my location and appear as if I am in the US?

Yes, the only thing you should do is choose a US server.

• ?

The company VPN probably logs.  It is a client, it is initiated from your machine.  If so, it will log the originating IP, not the IP that it sees from the connection  IT guys often have to debug VPN connections, if they investigate they can probably find out in a few minutes.

• opurt

If your employer has the ability to tell where you're connecting from, they can also easily tell that you're using a known VPN provider as well.

Sure, BUT.... regardless of what the VPN providers say, not all will actually hide origins. There are other programs that may expose the user.

Try it and find out.

• Mike G

Yes.......................