Are IT people who can't program bad?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

not necessarily bad,

programming is mostly done by software developers

• 2 months ago

No, not at all. they are good in visualization.

• 2 months ago

IT is not only about programming, in the higher ground there are the designer and also policy maker. But of course knowing the basic of programming will help to be a better IT people

Source(s): opinion
  • 2 months ago

Bad, but not only limited bad.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i didn't know how to program for 2 decades. still learning.

it certainly helps, but is not mandatory.

• 2 months ago

It is a small percentage of the overall IT staff that writes code. The others have important roles of their own.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Where I work, there’s only about 12 full-time IT people. And only a couple have good programming skills.  When we need programmers, most of that gets outsourced.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

As an IT person myself I can tell you that if you can't do basic scripting you are going to have a very hard time when it comes to managing a large network with a lot of desktop clients. You don't need mad programming skilz but basic knowledge of batch files and power shell are going to help you go far.

• 2 months ago

I know very few IT people who program.  They are different skills.  It's like asking if a farmer who doesn't know how to cook is bad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.