Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why are Jews God's chosen people?

75 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because of the blood of Adam is within them. And God promised them. He will help them. 

• 2 months ago

why do you believe they are would be a far better question

• 2 months ago

BECAUSE JERUSALEM belongs to GOD.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's all due to the "Exodus" story.  We now know, however, that the actual history of the Hyksos people during the Second Intermediate Period of the Egyptian empire was rather different than the self-congratulating revisionist story in Exodus.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rjgmh
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

He choose one people to be the spokesmen for Him. Not because they are beter. They are just like us they make the same mistakes they have the same weaknesses. God just chose to love them. And through them (via Jesus) save us.

• 2 months ago

After certain Jews stole such writings from the Egyptians, they started to write and claim all sorts of make believe including that they were god's chosen people. Religion makers and promoters will make any claim that will help them control your money.

• 2 months ago

According to Jewish tradition, God offered Torah to each nation but they refused it until the Jews were selected, and they accepted it.  So it was not "odd of God to choose the Jews", but the Jews chose themselves by accepting the higher moral standard embodied by Torah.

• Buzz
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

If God does exist then all people would be equal

In his eyes. That’s what the bible says. 

• 2 months ago

The natural Jews were eventually reject because their bloodshed and idolatry. God promise after over 900 years that he would reject them and get another group of people to be his people. 

Hosea 2:23 I will sow her like seed for myself in the earth,And I will show mercy to her who was not shown mercy;I will say to those not my people: “You are m. y people,” And they will say: “You are my God.”’”Act 15:14 Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written.

You see here God did accept someone the Jews but he also took out a people for his name among the Gentiles or the people of the nations

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are not, at present. They were God's chosen people, chosen to be the people through whom the Messiah, the Savior of humanity, would come into the world. That event occurred 2,000 years ago, at which time Judaism became fulfilled and irrelevant. Great numbers of Jews at that time recognized the Messiah and followed Him, becoming Christians. Some did not, which is why Judaism still exists today, still awaiting a Messiah Who has already come.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.