Do institutions of higher education allow restrictions on information and dialogue? It they do, they're nothing but indoctrination centers. ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The only restrictions are on hate speech, and even then it's pretty lenient. 

• Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Research shows whilst education reduces religious belief each year of further education reduces religious belief by up to 10%!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Generally speaking, no.  The exception is Christian colleges, which require that faculty not speak against Christianity.  Understandably.

Nous -- Then explain the existence of all the multiple-degree religious people.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

See how JK Rowling was treated by Trans groups. Horrifying. Nobody says trans people can’t exist. But people are being silenced for trying to protect biological women and biological men. This is not minority rights. Even saying “mothers” have become politically incorrect. They are now called “birthing parents”.  Your minority rights end where others begin.

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Free speech doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want with no consequences. That's not what it means at all ever. If you put forth a garbage take, expect push back at the very least. Are there over-reactions? Yes, of course. 

It also sounds like you've never attended anything of higher learning. Or you'd know how such places actually operate, work, etc. 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Eton in England recently fired their professor for saying not all psychological differences between men and women are socially constructed

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Like Christian colleges?  They restrict information and dialogue all the time, but I think everyone agrees that they're just indoctrination centers.  Neither of the colleges I went to ever indoctrinated or silenced people.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yeah. Pretty much. The trick is to  understand you’re not there to win arguments. Parrot back what they want you to say, get the 4.0, and move on. By the way, it was the secular schools that threw the indoctrination at me. My Catholic university experience was the most intellectually stimulating.

• User
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

>> Do institutions of higher education allow restrictions on information and dialogue? <<

Er...ALLOW restrictions?

They (of course) INSTITUTE restrictions.

But they don't really ALLOW...or DISALLOW...students to do the same, except in matters of security or personal matters.

>> It they do, they're nothing but indoctrination centers. ? <<

Clearly you've never been to university.

• 2 months ago

Most I know of do the exact opposite!  If anything, these things are promoted at every school I have ever been a part of.  And, that includes teaching in a military trade school.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.