? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

At the age of 26, should I own a house?

Because I am very far from doing that yet...

There is no "should."

Most people at age 26 do not own a house.

I'm 56, we didn't buy a house until my husband and I were age 34.  We already had 2 small children by then.

Live YOUR life as you want it to be.  Don't live by "shoulds."

• I read a while back the age to move out of your parents house in ireland was 35. If your family can deal with it like your wife or girlfriendNobody  cares. Save it up for something really great. Besides if they're going to move back in with you to take care of them you might as well.

Before you buy anything with a massive ticket price you should make sure you are financially safe and sound , a job that is safe even if it is not high paying , money in the bank maybe some investments because for sure one day you may need them . Do not just follow other people because they appear well to do and finacially sound but could be living on credit without a penny to their name .

• ?

You don't have to own a house by 26 hun.

• ?

Yes you should. I bought my first house aged 21

Mortgage payments are expensive, and relative to wages it’s difficult for many to buy one on their own. So if you can afford it yeah you probably should be looking at doing that, if you can’t then nobody should fault you.

• Kathy

Not everyone will own a house at age of 26.

Don't bother, you end paying for it just in time to die in it.

I did but times have changed now. It's not unheard of for 30+ year olds to still be living with their parents. I do feel sorry for kids now to be honest