Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is this constructive criticism or an insult? Is he being straight shooter or a ****?

I have a friend is usually very nice and supportive of me.

I had a convo with him yesterday. I asked him what he thinks of me as a person. He said that i am weird. He said that the way i walk, talk, sit, stand, look are all weird for which people would naturally make fun of me, which is also the reason i get bullied a lot. He says that he is a nice person and believes that even weird people dont deserve to get bullied. They should be accepted no matter how flawed they are. He says that his urge to make fun of me is superseded by his want to help me. He says that he likes me in spite of my flaws unlike the bullies that lack compassion. He says that he is not gonna try changing me and thinks that i should not change no matter what people say. He said the bullying may continue as i go through life and even if i dont get bullied people are sure to make fun of the way i look and the way i walk etc. but i find someone that will choose to love in spite of my weirdness.

Weird has too many connotations. It can be refreshing and endearing. It can also mean worse than the average or uniquely awful.

He sounds like a sociopath www.flyingmonkeysdenied.com

• Jerry

Please form your opinion of your friend's character based on his actions, not on awkward conversations like this one. 

I don't thing a question like "What do you think of me a person?" can ever lead to anything good. I advise you to be glad the response was merely awkward and unsatisfying rather than downright appalling. 

It's best to avoid asking that sort of question. In etiquette, such questions are called "begging to be insulted." You don't want to do that. 

iN REALLITY THAT PERSON IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. HE FINDS WAY TO MANY FAULTS.ON YOU.

LOSE HIM. WEN i HAVE A FRIEND WHAT COUNTS IS THE PERSON HEART. NO HIS WALKING OR TALKING. OR ANYTHING.