undone asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

am i suffering from anhedonia?

i cannot tell if i have anhedonia. i myself try to agree that I'm not depressed, thinking I'm too young to be depressed in the first place. I'm 14.

there are a lot of incidents that make me feel deeper sadness. in short, i was bullied from my love interest, my brother has been abandoned from our family and I can't contact him in any way, I've had a growing melancholy I can't deal with due to other unimportant things.

i feel very lonely. like, no one wants to be with me and things. as in friends. no one understand me. no interest in my hobbies like drawing. no more want to talk to anyone. I don't know i just, feel like I'm overdoing this.

I'm sorry, but please tell me if i need to consult a doctor or tell my parents?

I'm very sorry if i seem annoying. no one seems to help me out here, so i had to ask help from the internet. please.

That's really too bad about your brother. There's so much loneliness these days. The lockdown is keeping people apart from each other. 

Things that take our minds off our problems for a while like music, movies, and hobbies can be very good. An artist came here and said he had lost interest in drawing. I suggested doing easy things like copying photographs and playing around with colored shapes from the word processor or Power Point. In a while, your love of drawing will come back.

If you're not getting any enjoyment out of things, here's something that people here have said is helpful with that problem. Look all over and do a complete inventory. You should be able to find at least one or two things you like, such as your favorite music or movie. If there's just one movie you like, watch it once or twice. Then, find movies that are like it in some way - with similar story or the same actor. Keep adding to your entertainment supply to give it variety. 

There's a lot of things that are good for our moods, mostly very easy. Even exercise is easy if you do it the right way. Light exercise can help, and you can add to that gradually so long as you don't make yourself sick of exercise with too much and quit.

This tells you about easy things that help. Talk about them with your parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

That doesn't sound like a medical problem you need to talk to a doctor about, it just sounds like something you ought to be discussing with your family. People on the internet can't do much to help because it seems like what you need is more engagement with people in real-life.