Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 months ago

Why do people don't talk with me on Facebook?

I have messaged all those Friends with whom I can have some amount of talk. But among them as well, some don't respond to my Hi at all, some give response the next day ex. If today evening I send them a "Hi" message, they will reply to it either Next Day in Afternoon or even 2 days later & when I will send ask them "how are you?", I won't get a reply. I am Confused. With Few of them if by chance I have any Conversation it will be like "Small Talk" or they won't show too much interest to speak. What can be the Reasons behind it? Is it that they aren't active on Facebook? They don't check messages on FB at all? Or they are not interested to talk?

And is there any way to know whether the message sent by us on Messenger has reached the Receiver or not? And how can we know whether they have read the message?

I don't get notifications for that unless I'm actually on facebook, so there's this one guy who messages me all the time and I don't even notice until the next day. My phone is supposed to notify me, but I don't always get them for some reason. Rarely he will happen to message me when I'm looking at my phone, and then we'll chat. It's not personal, facebook is not the best instant messaging place.

I think a checkmark shows up next to the message if they've seen it? Or their profile pic moves below the last thing they read. I don't quite remember.

It Happens To Me Too Don't Take It Personal 

Vain, pride, ego. ugly people who think they are too good to even send a thumbs up. Forget them. They are not worth it.

may be they don't have time

You sound like you may be desperate for something, so that may be the reason

They never treated you as friends. They are just acquaintances.

• ?

Its Possible some of them may be Busy or they may not use Facebook Messenger 

Do you Message strangers on Facebook at all ? If so Facebook does not want you doing that a lot of people will Ignore Messages from people that they dont know In Person 

If you want dialogue, say something more than 'hi' to encourage a response.

Unlike you, many people don't LIVE on Facebook.

If someone is only messaging "Hi", then that is not a question.  "How are you" is dull and they probably can't be bothered to getting into messages with only a few words back and forth. If you want a conversation, then start one.