Am I the only one that finds Neil deGrasse Tyson pretentious, and unfathomably annoying to listen to? ?

I understand he’s extremely passionate about science, especially of his field, but he talks in a manner like he’s a God. I get the vibe he’s so use to mind blowing younger people with cosmology facts his whole life that he expects everyone to be star shocked at every else he says. 

Not to mention that he notoriously interrupts people in interviews (the Joe Rogan podcast was the worst I’ve personally seen). He makes me cringe. In my opinion, although the topics he talks about truly are mind-blowingly awesome, he puts out a bad rep for people who are equally as passionate about science. I feel it makes us look like a bunch of pretentious assholes running around asserting science facts in everyone’s face. Rant over.

Sorry, for some reason “a—hole” didn’t bleep out (at least on my end, it’s not)

He presents himself as this super Oreo with intellect zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• ?

supastar of the last ten years was mr bow tie, the worlds expert on everything,with the 47 genders stuff he parroted

tyson is slightly better 

half hour vids are his preference

He's an entertainer, not a scientist.  His scholarly publications are very few.  As another responder says, Tyson sometimes promulgates wrong answers.  TUNE HIM OUT.  Go get your info from Scientific American, which is reputable and well edited.

• CRR

Yes he is; and sometimes simply wrong.

"Unfathomably annoying"?  Really?  Not just "somewhat, but I can always change the channel annoying"?

No, note at all

iIn fact he highlights things that I have already imagined

Like what is going on inside the Gas Giants

Anybodies guess but given the known facts I agree with everything he says

I have to say that the little I've seen of him seemed quite groovy.

I agree with you Ryan, and I have always 

sensed that same kind of unpleasant vibe. 

IMHO ... NdGT is far too assertive for who he is, 

and for what he assumes to be correct.

Perhaps he is a little strong for the average slob watching TV, but remember he is a Professor at Princeton University, and perhaps more accustomed to speaking to people more nearly his intellectual equal.  I find him pleasant and good company in person.

I doubt that, out of millions of viewers, you are the only one with this opinion.