Anonymous

Coworker is complaining about her hours?

My coworker is complaining about her hours, she prefers working mornings than nights. I told her myself, "For me, I wouldn't care what hours I get, as long as I have a job!" Is what I said true?

Every person and Every family are facing different situations in this unpredictable time so what may be true for you may be different for others.  It's always better to maintain a positive work relationship with coworkers.  Things can change in an instant.

• ?

ohh shes complaining how sad , lucky she has a job is more like it ..

"For me"  That's all that matters, because that works for you it would make it true, for you... 

But your coworker may have reasons that night shift doesn't work for her, anywhere from helping parents or having children. Just don't let her problems become your problems.

• ?

Just do what you were hired to do and ignore this DIM WIT.

Although you feel that way, your co-worker may have personal reasons for working mornings while you don't.

Does it matter if it's true? It's your opinion. It doesn't have to be true. And it may or may not be for HER--that's the important thing. 

• Judy

true for YOU, not for her.

• ?

I understand what you mean on a human level you're speaking from that need to survive and thrive and maybe you don't have anything that would mess with your availability. You have plenty of it from how it sounds maybe your coworker has kids at home waiting on her. Being a parent is not something that's easy it's not something that you're gonna put yourself first all the time and it's gonna end well. It's not like that at all if you're a good parent your kids come first all the time and she needs something better than what she has so if anything look at her situation like that and maybe next time just tell her apply somewhere with better hours and don't put your two weeks in until you find something else and you get it. But as a mom i understand her and you do need a certain schedule in place and a certain amount of hours that work for you and your kids.

• If she has kids that need her at home, then I could understand why she wants daytime hours. She shouldn't be complaining, she can try to change her hours to daytime / morning hours. You should have told her that. For some people what you said would be true. If they won't let her change her hours, she can look for a job that has more daytime hours. 

Many people can't handle a night schedule.  So - what you said is not exactly true.  Some people have such a hard time dealing with certain work schedules that they would truly prefer to be unemployed.  

Personally - I can't handle a morning schedule and do everything possible to avoid it.

Now - is she "right" to complain - no - not really.  She should do anything she can to change her situation.  Instead of complaining - she should be either trying to get onto a day shift schedule at her current job - or she should be hunting for a new job that has a schedule that matches her needs.