kathyyyy asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Can a dog fully recover from lawn poison if so how long ?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    If the product was toxic, no.  Liver damage is usually what kills the animal.

    No responsible pet owner allows his/her dog access to a chemically treated lawn or garden.

    I ran a Statewide Landscaping Association.  The directions about animals/chemicals are very, very clear - although many, many owners choose to ignore them.  I saw a lot of dogs suffer and die.

  • 2 months ago

    Lawn poisoning?  You must mean that what ever was put on the lawn is toxic to your dog.  You must consult your Vet on this, there are no Vets on this site.  Not knowing what was put on the lawn, it would be hard to figure out.  That is why you need a licensed Vet to have a look at your dog.


  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Depends on the type of poison and how much was ingested.  Did you call the lawn company and ASK what was applied and did you then contact the company making said product and ask for more information or whether what was used could cause any pet health issues, or did you google the product and possible side-effects on your own? 

     If you rushed to the vet (after you saw the ingestion) and got the dog treated, he would be much more likely to survive.  So what did the vet say - since you posted this yesterday - a day all vets were open?You "speculated" that your dog developed an enlarged heart (not considering pure coincidence as a possibility) since you only noticed symptoms after the application of lawn fertilizer.  BUT NOWHERE on google does that symptom show up in response to ingestion or inhalation of lawn fertilizer or lawn herbicides.

    If the dog has developed an enlarged heart (which can occur in certain breeds and at middle & older ages for no other reason) - and WITHOUT lawn product exposure, you may need to look at other causes. For example: congestive heart failure can happen due to feeding the dog a grain-free DIET - (that includes ingredients that BLOCK TAURINE absorption).

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Only the vet can answer that one as no one has examined the dog or knows what amount of poison it has been allowed to get into

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Ask your VET...........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.