Please tell me how well is this police report written in the details ?

Hello, 

I will be in BLET academy come this Jan and I am trying to get a jumpstart on report writing. As an EMT, I suspect that police reports and patient care report are similar in the "who, what, when, where, why and how". I would imagine that the only difference is that one is legality and the other is medical. Please review this scenario report and give me your expert advise as a LEO. Thank you 😊

Report:

"On 11/26/2020, Unit 008 responded non-emergent to a resident at 2120 Amagansett St. for a stolen bike. Upon arrival on scene I, Ofc. Berry 361, met and spoke with the initial caller Lily Rose, the mother of the child whose bike was stolen. L. Rose stated that at approx 5pm (40 min ago) she verbally called her child in to eat dinner. She stated that at that time, he was outside riding his bike. She stated that she stood at the front door and watched him lie his bike on their front lawn then, proceed into the home to eat. Ms. Rose stated that the neighborhood is usually peaceful and they have not had any issues with thefts. 

However, when questioned, Michael suspected that another juvenile, black male, age 14, who lives approx two blocks W of their residence, may have stolen his bike. Michael stated that the suspect attends his school at Amagansett Elementary and has been bullying him at school. Michael noted that the other juvenile has recently moved down the street approx one month ago. Michael noted no other issues, however. View rest of report in attached photo  

To any outsiders responding to this report, it is nothing more than a practice report and is not meant to personally offend anyone's race, sex, age, or other. It's just a practice report made for critiquing. Thank you.

Absolutely irrelevant and useless, a waste of paper, lots of details.  Are you sure this is a good career choice?

IF you are a licensed EMT your job is to provide medical care.  That's it!  Let the Police do their job.  All of the blah, blah, blah is immaterial, even to the Police.

• Bruce

Lily Rose reported her son's bike stolen. The bike was last seen at 5pm. They listed a neighbor as a suspect and stated he has confronted her son at school, but they provided no other information. Bike described as a black and red Mongoose with pegs and mag wheels. 

If it isn't relevant to the elements of the offense, it doesn't belong in the report.