Is it okay to not have a bridal party at my wedding?

Wondering if I could ask my friends/ family to be involved in my wedding, but not have a bridal party? Has anyone else done this?

We did this. For the procession, it was my in-laws followed by my mom, escorted by my nephew (my dad's deceased), followed by my husband and me. It's all personal, and you can choose to do whatever you want. Most people have a bridal party because it's traditional, but I don't understand what they're supposed to be for. 

I don't get this!  Your question is 3 days old, and almost every answer has pointed out it all depends on what you mean by "involved" in your wedding.  You never clarified that, and it's the only thing that matters.  Most adults would rather be a guest than be giving a "consolation" role, like a reading or tending the guest book or whatever.

Yes, it is okay to not have a bridal party. I am personally kind of "meh" on the idea of hostesses/ushers. I believe a DOC should be able to handle any responsibilities that would fall to them. That way your friends and family can enjoy the wedding as guests instead of having duties to fulfill.

How are they going to be 'involved' - are you expecting unpaid labour here?

A bridal party / bridesmaids is always optional.

• a

I'm not sure what you mean by 'involved in [your] wedding,' but not the bridal party.

You certainly aren't required to have attendants. If you're going to ask your friends to provide unpaid help in planning, set-up or cleanup as 'involvement' no. Not if they're attendants, either.

You're really allowed to spend your Money as pleased zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

It is 100% OK to not have a bridal party at your wedding. 

• drip

Of course. You don’t need any bridesmaids a or groomsmen. My cousin got married outside under a huge tree. We all stood around them in a circle while they said their vows. No bridesmaids or groomsmen.   Then we all went into a tent to have dinner. 

• Trish

I did it when I was an emancipated minor and we got married with nobody standing up for us.  I will do things differently at the renewal.

no. that's not okay.