Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

is it cruel to not feed a kitten as punishment for scratching you? ?

my 5 month old kitten scratched me across the hand yesterday when she jumped off the couch and I was bleeding pretty good. 

So today i didn’t feed her as punishment for injuring my hand, is that cruel 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes. You should rehome the cat and get yourself a fake plant.

• 2 months ago

Yes it is. You are actually a disgusting person. How would you like it if when you were a child, your parents made you go for 24-48 hours without food for a mistake you made? It violates human rights doesn't it! So the same applies to animal rights.

One other thing, by the sound of it she didn't even do it on purpose! So she shouldn't have any punishment full stop

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

That's considered to be neglect and you could get into legal trouble for starving your kitten.  She wouldn't even understand the punishment.  However, since she's so small, missing a meal like that could harm her.  Maybe you should consider giving your kitten to a new owner.  

• 2 months ago

grow up ,and learn how to treat your wee cat.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That is ridiculous; she has no idea why you are not feeding her, and it will not improve her behavior.

If she hurts you, screech loudly and/or hiss loudly.  This is what her mother and litter mates would do, and she will understand perfectly.  

• 2 months ago

It absolutely is cruel! No child or animal should be punished by not eating. We all need to eat whether human or animal and it's important, it keeps us alive. 

• 2 months ago

Cruel, meh.  Stupid, yes.

• 2 months ago

From your description this was totally an accident, rather than deliberately scratching you.  That makes your "punishment" doubly cruel.

My cat Bettina, 9 years old, sleeps next to me, and sometimes will scratch me through a blanket, not deliberately, but just exercising her paws.  I would never think of punishing her.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes very cruel and very ignorant

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

She can't make the association between why you aren't feeding her and something she did hours ago, or even moments ago. You are a bad cat mama.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.