Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Should you ever tell people you’re feeling alone & a little down? Or do people basically not care?

No one is as alone as me, no one

depends on who you tell

If a very close friend asks how you're doing you can mention that once. But if you're calling people solely to convey that information or you talk about it constantly it's time to get a professional therapist/counselor so you have someone to talk to. Trying to use your friends as mental health professionals is a good way to lose your friends. 

• ?

Close friends, sure.  They can try to cheer you up.  

Distant friends/acquaintances/strangers: no.  

• I think you have to choose the right people to tell your business to. It's not that people don't care, it's just that most are too busy trying to take care of themselves. This is why psychologists are so popular, they are the only ones who will listen. 

Covid makes things hard because there is not much you can do at this time. People are committing suicide because they can't cope without human contact, I think their cases are a lot worse than yours, so yes, there are others just as lonely as you if not worse. In saying this, I think you can join online groups on Facebook who are feeling the same way and just might be interested in talking or zooming with you.

I will say, be careful about trusting people completely because not everyone has the best intentions and are looking for lonely people. Asking for money, or whatever... 

Good luck, try to stay positive and keep your mind busy. 

• Murzy

Many ppl are in the same boat.

People do not care, really they’re only focussed on their life & issues.

You can but keep in mind we all have our own baggage to carry as well.