Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 months ago

How do i get my friend back in the new year? I texted her too much and now i think she wants rid of me forever ?

For a few months when i was going through something i texted a friend who i had arranged to meet up with way too much about our meetups some sundays. I did this cos i felt anxious and lonely but was excited about seeing her again. My texts happened over a 6 week period on and off. She doesn't like texting but always used to answer me if i ask a question but she stopped answering. I sent a text saying i wanted to talk about something, it would have been what was going on but i didn't wanna upset her cos it was something really bad so didn't. And I'm really worried cos i asked her if she's still ok with me but she didn't answer that either then when i came back a few weeks later still pretending everything was fine i think she turned her phone off cos it didn't say delivered instantly anymore

However since all this happened i have been suffering from severe depression, the kinda depression where the only time i feel happy is when I'm asleep. And it's all over this. My mum said wait til after christmas, and we're gonna get this sorted out once and for all cos nothing is worth how bad this has made me feel. But my friend will only do what she wants to do. If she doesn't wanna listen she won't. If she doesn't wanna answer she won't. All i wanna do is get her to hear me out cos she has no idea what caused it but how do i do this please help btw she never answers the phone either

Just leave her alone. She doesn't want to hear you out. You'll only turn her against you even more by persisting. 

Unless this friend is a licensed clinical therapist she can't help you with your depression so all your talking about it will do is make her feel sad. There's a time and place for everything and friends with untreated mental illness can be exhausting to most people. So try to set boundaries, she doesn't need to hear constantly about how unhappy you are. Also try to listen more than you talk. I know you're very needy right now but that doesn't mean other people owe you all their time and psychic energy. 

• Helen

She isn't your friend.

Texting too much? Really? Even if she doesn't like texting, how is that a good enough reason to end a friendship? How old is she?! And who tf dumps a friend over text anyway? I believe everyone deserves a second chance, if she doesn't think this then it says more about her than you.

Quit texting her. Only text her 1) to wish her a happy new year and 2) to ask her to hear you out.

If you don't want to visit her or don't know where she lives to do that if she's a newer friend, ring her up. If you've never rung her before, this is a perfect reason to! You say she never answers the phone, but she has absolutely no idea why you are ringing her after all this time. Even if she doesn't class you as a friend anymore, she used to like you, so why would she ignore you? It could be very urgent, how does she know you're not dying or something? She really should meet you halfway, and pick up the phone. It's so rude to let a phone keep ringing and ringing. She doesn't even have to say a word. My advice would be to ring her up, but if you still don't get anywhere by doing this, just forget about her. Because this is proof that she doesn't really give a **** about you. If you try to make amends and you get nothing back, it's a sign that you are better off without this person in your life and in all honesty, a sign she doesn't think your friendship is worth saving.

If you really can't give up on her then wait til her birthday and wish her a happy birthday. Play the long game with the girl. Keep sending greetings birthday, easter, christmas etc. show her that you're not going anywhere. If you do this, eventually she is bound to cave in. Because it sounds like you're a good person who made a mistake.

Leave her alone. She's done with you.

Do you have a friend who you can talk to to be your messenger? If so, ask your friend to tell her you want to speak to her and to give you one last chance, saying you won’t ever bother her again. I would suggest doing so through calling, as 

when you text, the other person can leave the conversation whenever they feel like it. 

If she agrees to talk to you, great! If no, then she’s a friend you don’t deserve to talk to. Only a selfish person would do so, and you don’t deserve someone like her to drain your energy. Find someone that can really appreciate you! You can find a lot of people with your interests through apps or social media. Keep in mind, though, that when you talk, acknowledge where you were wrong if you ever were. No one will want to keep up a conversation with you if you don’t accept your mistakes and apologize. Same goes for your friend. If she clearly did something wrong, she should apologize as well. Hope this helped! :)