Do different ingredients in shampoo absorb into your skin/bloodstream?

I am bipolar and was instructed not to consume ginseng. Shampoo and conditioner which I bought the other day both have ginseng, but I am unsure if there would be a possibility of that affecting my symptoms/medications. If they have ginseng, would it be possible for enough to absorb through my scalp to reach my bloodstream and potentially cause issues? Any insight appreciated

No.  Your shampoo comes from a huge company with scientists that test everything for safety.  Hurting customers is bad business and leads to multi-million dollar llaw suits,  The only thing absorbed through the skin are solvents which can carry in all kinds of nasty thing with them.  Gasoline has a solvent that collects around the heart.  When they do autopsies on mechanics, the gasoline stinks up the lab.   Your skin is not tight.

• Bob

The scalp can absorb some chemicals from shampoo.  Warm water can open the pores (on the rest of the body too) and tiny amounts of various compounds can be absorbed.

You would be best to use a shampoo and conditioner without ginseng for now.

Even if the ingredients don't get absorbed into the bloodstream, I'm wondering if even a small amount of the ginseng may possibly get into the mouth, such as when rinsing out the hair.  Perhaps you may consider using shampoo and/or conditioner without the herb to be on the safer side.

No first your skin is essentially water tight, nothing gets through unless it’s formulated to do so. Second, shampoo is only on your head a few minutes, if that

just play it safe and use a different shampoo.