Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 months ago

What if a teacher hits a student?

I'm a 13-year-old school student in London, UK. My teacher constantly hits boys, kicks, and is very violent, what can legally be done to him?

That’s assault.     

I simply don't believe you. This is SO illegal in the UK; it would never have been allowed to happen more than once.

• donnie

That’s assault.                   

First, make sure your parents are aware that this is going on. Make sure that you document what ever this guy is doing so that you have a written record of times, dates and victims. Go to the school admin and let them know that this teacher is violent and show them what you have documented. I will be honest, the school probably knows about him doing this, but are letting it slide as long as he hasn't done any physical damage to anyone. If the school itself won't look into the matter, you and your parents need to contact the school board, and if need be, the police. He has to be stopped from really hurting someone.

Nothing. Buck up and take it like a man.

What kind of school is this? Private schools can do what they want, but they respond when parents complain. The government run schools have policies, and I doubt that teachers are supposed to be hitting students. Get your parents to talk to the head of the school.