khya asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

how can i convince my mom to get me on the pill?

So i'm 18 years old, and i need to get on the pill or something to help with my periods. My periods last from 8-13 days, and they are heavy and just completely painful and unbearable. I get cramps everyday, even when not on my period. my mom doesn't really believe in medicine, she always says how it's bad for you..etc. I just don't know what to tell her. I heard that if you exercise a lot it can help, so I try to do that everyday when i can. I started avoiding sugar and eating healthier so my period would be light. I just need something, and i don't know what to do about my mom. Please :( help 

You're 18--that means you're a legal adult. You don't have to ASK your mom for anything. Make an appointment with a gynecologist and GO. Since you are a legal adult, your mom can't even access your medical files any more. If you can't afford to see a GYN on your own, then go to Planned Parenthood and ask about their birth control and medical services. What you describe is not normal and it's certainly not something you have to continue to live with. There's something wrong--and only a real, medical doctor--NOT YOUR MOM--can diagnose you. 

I advise you to go to the doctor, perhaps you may have some problems with hormones. If mom is against going to the doctor, don't tell her. You're old enough to make your own decisions. I also took such pills, they have contraindications. You need to be examined and only then you can start drinking them. If, for example, you have problems with blood clotting, then you should not drink such pills.

• L

You're 18-years of age - an ADULT.  Go to a doctor and pay for your own Birth Control pills.

You should be talking to your doctor about your periods. You may be bleeding to death. Don't wait, make an appointment.

You are a legal adult, so therefore it is your responsibility.

You're 18..  You dont need mom to do it.

YOU call an OBGYN and make an appt.

YOU go there.

YOU discuss your issues with the dr.

Khya, At 18 you're legally an adult and no longer need parental consent to do these things by yourself.

• Tavy

At your age you can get birth control without her permission. You are old enough to be married and have children.

Changing your diet does not help periods. Hormones are produced by the pituitry gland at the base of your brain. Exercise or stopping food won't help.

Now stand on your own two feet and see a Doctor or clinic.

Your mom can't put you on the pill. A doctor has to do that, after seeing you and determining that it's the best thing for you.

• kelvin

your old enough to see the doctor by yourself and go see one and get them