ugly asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 months ago

Did Abe Lincoln hate white people ?

Apparently he thought they where stupid 

Armorer, Lincoln was killed (April, 1865) before the KKK was founded (Dec., 1865).

It Turned out he hated everyone

Once he won the war he Never gave the salves a second

Thought he allowed Racism to take off with the KKK and never did anything about it the best thing to happen to Lincoln was when Booth Exterminated him

• ree

Lincoln said:

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

Lincoln said:

"Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man."

Lincoln was a racist in a racist land. Slavery was an issue in the war. Black equality didn't surface as a political priority for another 100 yrs. as emancipation gave them the ability to debunk the myth of white supremacy.

The civil war was about the territory of lands won in the Mexican war. That why they say how the west was won. Abe was a Whig a person against westward expansion of alavery. He felt the consistution protected in states where it existed. He was personal against slavery but was not an abolitionist. During the civil war he fought at first to save the union. When he realized it was going to be a total war he viewed freeing the slaves as a war objective to weaken the south. He later decided slavery was dead and push for a consistution amendment banning it the 13,14,15. He had a plan to send black to a colony called Liberia (who capital in named Monrovia after. James Monroe. Lincoln was a good man who saved the union freed the slaves and unitfy the country. Whether he was a Christian or not I do not know. 

Having examined the facts carefully and without prejudice, we have come to a conclusion – you are stupid.

• Kieth

I've seen the political discourse here, they are stupid.