Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Would you buy a new laptop if this started happening?

I can't type some of the letters as there's about a 5 second delay. The screen becomes very dim when unplugged. The sceensaver freezes and doesn't show the password bar.

It's an ASUS that was purchased 2 years ago for only $200.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

get a new keyboard , Change the batteries of the ,  

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you get what you pay for. if you buy a $200 PC, it will last a couple years. if you buy a $450 computer, it may last 5 years.

if you buy a $600 laptop, it should last at least 7 years, as long as you don't abuse it.

i still have mine from a decade ago. still works good.

ask before you buy to be sure you get the most for your money.

• 2 months ago

i think you've gotten your money's worth out of that used when you bought it laptop

• 2 months ago

A delay in typing is normally an issue with the Windows software, and not the physical laptop.  

How bright the screen is when the laptop is unplugged is a setting in the Power Options in the Control Panel.  On many laptops there is also a key on the keyboard for raising and lowering the brightness.

the screen saver issue sounds like a corrupt file.  Again, that is Windows software related, not hardware related.

However, a 2 year old ASUS purchased for $200 probably should be replaced.  At that price it has to be a really low end unit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's a sign of a very low battery. Charge the laptop's battery, if it won't charge properly replace the battery.  If it works fine when plugged in there's nothing wrong with the laptop itself.

• Spiral
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Change the batteries of the keyboard, or get a new keyboard

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.