? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

If my parents go shopping without me and ask my help to bring the groceries, do I say "you went shopping without me. Bring them up yourself?

Only if their refusal to take you shopping is causing serious problems for you & they know it but they keep intentionally doing it. Otherwise, you'd just be being needlessly troublesome & reinforcing their desire to leave you at home.

Do you need important things from the store that they never remember to get because you're never able to remind them because they never take you there? If so, why aren't they taking you there? Are they leaving you on purpose or forgetting? Do you do something bad when they take you there that makes them wanna leave you behind?

It's hard to really know what you should do if they actually are treating you unfairly on purpose because that depends on the situation & it depends on you & them so I can't give any advice in that regard.

• Orla C

Not if you want them to cook you dinner, you won't. 

Seriously, if any kid staying in my house, related or otherwise, gave me that kind of attitude, they would be sleeping in a cardboard box out on the street that very night.

• L

SHAME on you!  I'm sure you eat the food they buy - HELP THEM CARRY THE GROCERIES IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They raised you and gives you free shelter and food. If you do not appreciate someone for doing that, then you should have a look in the mirror. And don't give me the, "They decided to have a baby, not me"

Only if you're a horrible person. Sheesh. 

• SW-6

IMO -They feed you, keep clothes on your back, food in your belly, a roof over your head etc. Unless the order you to walk through a creek full of crocodiles to rob the bank in the next town, you really can;t complain about too much they ask of you. :)

You sound like an ungrateful spoiled brat. Be glad you have loving parents who care for you and bring the groceries in.

Do you eat the groceries? If so, then you can help carry them into the house. 

• keerok

If this happened in my home, you won't be eating anything I bought or cooked for the next 2 weeks. Worse, you'd be sleeping under the house (not basement) with the dogs.

• Embery

You eat what you paid for then.