I received an email  that yahoo mail will stop to exist in December 2020 and I will not be able to use it. Is that true?

You got it wrong. The email you received is an announcement from Yahoo that it will officially shut down its Groups service on December 15. Its closure will have no impact on Mail or the other services you normally use in this portal.

• .

No, it is not true. You neglected to share from whom you received an email.

.

Here is some text from an email *I* received about the closing of Yahoo Groups, and it was sent from the email address info@service.comms.yahoo.net:

.

"We recently announced that groups.yahoo.com (Yahoo Groups) and its list service will shut down on December 15, 2020. We would like to clarify that there will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services. For example, your Yahoo account will not change and there are no changes to Yahoo Mail. "

• ?

I do not think so I havenm't heard anything about it.  I know Trump wanted to destroy the post office.  But like everything he touches he failed.

The only change on December 15, 2020 is that you will no longer be able to visit the Yahoo Groups 

• Sharon

That is a scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html