Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

What is so bad about crippling corporate shareholders and giving labor unions as much power as possible?

Update:

Typical subhuman conservative claim: labor unions destroyed Detroit

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Nothing. Workers make the world run. Workers should run the world.

As an ex-Teamster I can tell you, even the most crooked labor union is better than none at all.

• 2 months ago

That would be like giving it all away.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think the idea of crippling anybody is probably a bad idea. But I agree with idea that We The People must protect ourselves from the otherwise overwhelming might of amassed wealth, that effective labor and consumer protections are necessary to a free nation. "Freedom" shouldn't extend to your boss having the liberty to require you to (for example) work in unsafe conditions. 

• 2 months ago

When the company goes under, the labor union is gone.  Support the company first and make sure your union doesn't destroy the whole company.

Some companies will tell you, "If you put in a union, I'll shut the whole company down tomorrow."   Can't have 2 bosses.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Oh look, the "what is so bad" troll is giving away points again!

• 2 months ago

American workers are notoriously lazy.  They need the threat of imminent homelessness and starvation to motivate them to work hard.

• L.F.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Paranoia is fun and entertaining.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Labor Unions were once needed. Not so much anymore. Now they are just big corporations that demand appeasement from their members, and work to destroy those industries they claim to represent by getting a larger part of the pie. 

Source(s): Detroit Auto Industry.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The fact that labor unions ARE corporate entities. It's big money to run a (fake) labor union. A real labor union is organized by the workers and then dies after the demands of the workers are met. Fake labor unions extort fees from the workers and demands workers who don't pay get fired.

• bil
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, Detroit went from the wealthiest city on the planet - To a Democrat basket case with the miracle of Democrat union voter theft. If stealing from the people 'worked' it would have done so - Somewhere, somehow. Which is WHY a Republic with protection from VOTER theft is superior to 'Democracy or VOTING to take OPM.' 

Source(s): Other than that ---- Absolutely nothing. Similarly, look at the 55 year federal Democrat union government 'worker' great society US $ 25 trillion debt.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.