If there was a baby stuck on a track & 10 adults on another & a train was coming towards the baby & u were standing next to a switch..?

that could change the trains path towards the adults instead, and you were too far away to get anyone off the track in time, would you press it? Or just do nothing and let the train crushh the baby?

In this scenario there is nothing that I can do that will save a life. Doing nothing does the least harm.

Interesting. People have a tendency to value the lives of babies more greatly than the lives of adults. 'Tis a cruel scenario. In order to save the baby, not only are the deaths of 10 individuals required: so is direct involvement. I have to pull the lever becoming the direct cause of the deaths of ten individuals to save the baby. Saving the adults would require no direct course of action --- letting the natural world decide for me. That is my choice.

So let me get this straight. If I press the switch, I am directly RESPONSIBLE for the deaths of TEN people. If I do nothing, not getting involved, ONLY ONE baby will die. Yeah, baby go bye bye. Sure I feel bad it's a baby versus adults who had time to live, but still. Pressing the switch doesn't feel like I'm saving the baby, it makes me feel like a killer. So yeah: bye bye baby.

I've heard of this one before. You seem to have added a unique twist though. In your example, the singular person is now a baby and in addition the track is ALREADY headed for the baby. I've heard it reversed in a way that was more of a test of guilt VS. non-guilt by pushing the lever or not. It's still there, but this seems more of a test of societal attitudes towards WHO dies versus who does not. 

I'd like to say, from the comfort and safety of my office chair, that I'd rather let the baby get killed than 10 adults. That said, in the moment this were to be occurring, it would be hard to not press the switch out of natural reaction. 

I like your example more because there are more elements to consider. Truly neither one is the 'right' choice. 

definitely save the adults over the baby because pressing the switch would make me feel like I killed those 10 people and there's more of them too.