Why was life so much better in the year 1840?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favourite answer

Because slavery

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Why do you think so? And for what country?

In the 1800s in the United States, some major cults were established by Freemasons (who were false prophets): Joseph Smith's Mormonism (aka Latter-Day Saints), Charles Taze Russell's Jehovah's Witnesses (aka Watchtower Bible & Tract Society), Mary Baker Eddy's Christian Science religion, Ellen G. White's Seventh Day Adventism

It seems like there was a lot of upheaval, conflict, and confusion. The creation of so many cults and people flocking to them, shows that people were getting further away from sound doctrine in the culture. Even today, there is a lot of lukewarm preaching... I heard some preaching recently that set off red flags. In to many man-established 501c3 government-approved organizations, there is unGodly compromise, the leaven of errors, and ecumenical ties to the Vatican. Early Christian groups in the United States were more astute, though errors have existed throughout every generation.

• 3 months ago

Considering that one could still die from things like simple cuts and tooth infections, I don't think it was much better...

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Because they knew how to work, and spend time together as a family.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I don’t think it was. They didn’t live past 40 and no medication for illnesses or mental health 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What exactly was " so much better " about it ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.