Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

Whose culture and people do most Americans love and respect more, the British or the Irish?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Neither.   Both have the same contempt and hate for America.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

the USA love the Irish remember Boston and New York American Irish

Funded the IRA so they could Murder the English

But Karma stopped the Funding on 9/11

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably Irish but they are completely clueless generally, many think it’s the same place. The UK us just a little village and everyone knows everyone else, particularly with regard to Scotland and Ireland. 

I live in Scotland, many times an American had said “my friend lives in Scotland , do you know then?”

Of course out of 5 million and they live 200 miles away.

They get most of their ideas from 1930s and 40s films. Probably even suprised we live in colour not black and white!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Irish come off as honestly copying the British culture zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

30 million+ 'Irish-Americans', regular collections & fundraisers for "the Cause", huge St Patricks Day parades - I'm going to guess it's the Irish culture that's more popular (@Anonymous: that's Gaelic, not Celtic)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

British culture for sure 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I like both. My top two cultures have always been Celtic and Germanic (including Anglo). If I had to pick between the two though I'd probably pick British. In general, I think most Americans would say British too.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm a big fan of the Irish.

• 2 months ago

Most Americans don’t really understand either, but most are pretty clueless about Ireland more than England 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

American culture came from Irish/British culture.   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.