Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

Whose culture and people do most Americans love and respect more, the British or the Irish?

Neither.   Both have the same contempt and hate for America.

the USA love the Irish remember Boston and New York American Irish

Funded the IRA so they could Murder the English

But Karma stopped the Funding on 9/11

• ?

Probably Irish but they are completely clueless generally, many think it’s the same place. The UK us just a little village and everyone knows everyone else, particularly with regard to Scotland and Ireland. 

I live in Scotland, many times an American had said “my friend lives in Scotland , do you know then?”

Of course out of 5 million and they live 200 miles away.

They get most of their ideas from 1930s and 40s films. Probably even suprised we live in colour not black and white!

Irish come off as honestly copying the British culture zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

30 million+ 'Irish-Americans', regular collections & fundraisers for "the Cause", huge St Patricks Day parades - I'm going to guess it's the Irish culture that's more popular (@Anonymous: that's Gaelic, not Celtic)

British culture for sure 

I like both. My top two cultures have always been Celtic and Germanic (including Anglo). If I had to pick between the two though I'd probably pick British. In general, I think most Americans would say British too.

• ?

I'm a big fan of the Irish.

Most Americans don’t really understand either, but most are pretty clueless about Ireland more than England 

American culture came from Irish/British culture.