Anonymous

Can a lower level employee tell upper management that they're not doing their job? ?

At work, our supervisor constantly tells us that "people aren't meeting their goals" "get your numbers up because you're numbers are low for this time of day" "I'm getting heat from management because people aren't meeting their quota."

The thing is all our supervisor does is whine and complain about people not meeting their quota yet she doesn't offer any help/advice on how people can met their quota. She's worked for the firm for 20 years yet she won't give us advice even we asked for help. 

So me and my coworkers thought if she's gonna constantly tell us what upper management thinks then we will do the same to upper management but we will do it anonymously. 

Our firm's call center is broken up into four parts: referrals, conflict resolution, customer service representative, and docs department. 

So management won't know which section sent them the anonymous letter. Btw, each section has a different supervisor. 

A Hunch, 

Did you miss the part about sending the letter anonymously? 

Why would I reveal myself in person? 

Devoreal,

This isn't sales that were doing. This is a law firm and we do clerical work. 

God, I wish you would STOP POSTING AND QUIT YOUR JOB.  Feel free to cuss out managers and they will fire you.

Anonymous letters:  BAD IDEA.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out where anonymous letters like this come from. Employees will talk, or admit they were asked to sign something--and you'll be fired or in trouble. 

NO you can't tell upper management that your supervisor isn't doing the job correctly. YOU are not the supervisor. YOU are not management. YOU are the employees. And this is the job you were hired to do--and you're not keeping up with the quotas. They may seem unfair, and most likely they are unfair--but you were hired to DO THEM. If you don't like the terms of the job, you should move to some other job in some other type of field. That's the bottom line. 

NEVER EVER EVER count on fellow employees to back you up when you are complaining about management. That is one of the worst mistakes you can make. It's the fastest way to single yourself out as a troublemaker, as lazy, as unhappy--and when a troublesome, lazy employee complains, the management will dismiss them. They don't want to deal with it. 

I'm not saying this is RIGHT. Who is right or wrong here is not the issue--you have to understand that. Management will ALWAYS want the employees to do more, make more calls, fill more and more expanding quotas. That isn't gong to change. What has to change is either (1) your attitude or (2) your employment. What you suggest will only cause problems and you'll be fired anyway. 

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I really am. But some jobs are like this--and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that.  ALL you can do is go to your supervisor and ask HOW she thinks you can get your numbers up--and if she refuses to help you with that, look for another job where there aren't any quotas. Because you won't get any satisfaction at this one. 

Source(s): Worked in HR for 31 years.
  • wereq

They can, just don't expect the result you're looking for.

• a

Devoreal's approach is most apt to provide a worthwhile outcome.

Anonymous letters go in the circular file. Genuine, serious issues are brought to management by adults wishing to improve their performance and make the company profitable: people confident to make their statements in person, and stand up for what they believe is right.

Chicken-sh-t whiners who send anonymous letters get buttkus.

There is a reason why the upper management is upper and the lower is lower. If you want to, go right ahead, but you may risk having some issues with your upper management and losing your job.

Only if that lower-level employee is willing to risk being terminated in the near future although in rare cases it can be beneficial.

• ?

only once .........

• ?

No.  You go to the person immediately above your supervisor and you ask: " Good Afternoon, Mr. PERSON.  Can you give me some good advice on how to meet the sales goals in my department?  SUPERVISOR'S NAME always tells us that we do not meet our goals, but never offers us any training on exactly HOW the best method to meet those goals works.  Ask a question like that ...and you will be inline for supervisor.

• ?

why don't you just email your supervisor that way you have a paper trail stating i would like more training and suggestions how to meet quotes and things i need to work on to meet the company goals. Be sure to cc her supervisor on it, that way when she doesn't respond you have proof. 

you are free to tell your employer anything.

just don't expect them to call you an "employee" afterwards. 

your new title may be "former" employee.