Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Why did the doctor look at my penis?

I fell down the stairs a while back and cut my hand open on the light fixture, we called an ambulance and they took me to the hospital, I was immediately seen by a doctor who needed to stitch my hand, but he also checked out a few parts of my body, at one point he pulledmy underwear down briefly and looked at my penis, why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

People in accidents like yours are always checked head to foot.   That is because the accident could have easily caused trauma that makes you a poor judge of your own condition.  Car accident victim could complain about his broken arm and not be aware he has a huge hole in his head.

• Willie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A doctor has the right to check you out for your own good, so be happy he saw your penis too.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We can't possibly know, ask the doctor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There's a lot that can break when you fall down stairs. So they check everything just in case.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Because you went to a gynecologist, and it was his lunch hour.

• 2 months ago

In trauma, which this is, the whole body should be a least seen, wasn’t your penis, it was your lower abdomen and pelvis. We had a patient whose dad said she had a seizure in the cross walk, half way through our seizure work up, some one rolled her over, and then we found the bullet hole. You look at everything.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your injured hand could have been a distracting injury which means that the pain from your hand could have prevented you feeling other more serious injuries so the doctor gave you a quick check over to make sure nothing else was going on you were unaware of. You would have been a bit miffed if you got up to leave after having your hand stitched to find that your penis was hanging by a thread.

• Adam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Did you complain about hitting it when you fell down the stairs? Or perhaps he was just curious.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You look like a girl. What else?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.