Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Why did the doctor look at my penis?

I fell down the stairs a while back and cut my hand open on the light fixture, we called an ambulance and they took me to the hospital, I was immediately seen by a doctor who needed to stitch my hand, but he also checked out a few parts of my body, at one point he pulledmy underwear down briefly and looked at my penis, why?

People in accidents like yours are always checked head to foot.   That is because the accident could have easily caused trauma that makes you a poor judge of your own condition.  Car accident victim could complain about his broken arm and not be aware he has a huge hole in his head.

• Willie

A doctor has the right to check you out for your own good, so be happy he saw your penis too.

• Bob

We can't possibly know, ask the doctor.

There's a lot that can break when you fall down stairs. So they check everything just in case.

Because you went to a gynecologist, and it was his lunch hour.

In trauma, which this is, the whole body should be a least seen, wasn’t your penis, it was your lower abdomen and pelvis. We had a patient whose dad said she had a seizure in the cross walk, half way through our seizure work up, some one rolled her over, and then we found the bullet hole. You look at everything.

Your injured hand could have been a distracting injury which means that the pain from your hand could have prevented you feeling other more serious injuries so the doctor gave you a quick check over to make sure nothing else was going on you were unaware of. You would have been a bit miffed if you got up to leave after having your hand stitched to find that your penis was hanging by a thread.

• Adam

Did you complain about hitting it when you fell down the stairs? Or perhaps he was just curious.

You look like a girl. What else?