Cannabis (medicine) and mental health question?

I'm 28, I've been on Haldol for three years due to a mental disorder and my friends insist on me trying marijuana as something more natural than an old anti-psychotic like Haldol. 

Can marijuana cure me? is it true it is THAT good when used as medicine? Thank you. 

Don't do that. I don't know why you take Haldol, but if you have schizophrenia, you'd better not try cannabis, it'll just increase your hallucinations. And if you stop taking Haldol, you might have many negative symptoms. Don't be fooled. 

• Zirp

Different people will react differently to the same medication. There are SOME people whose symptoms of schizophrenia are reduced by cannabis, but there are far more in which cannabis will make things worse.

Currently there is no way to predict which patient will benefit from which anti-psychotic medication. That's why they start with a cheap one like Haldol, and only if that doesn't work or gives too many side-effects they will try other ones.

• Robert

I'm glad you asked your friends instead of a qualified medical professional.   You know that different drugs including pot can react with other drugs.  So make sure your friends know, "because his friend took it once and nothing happened" or have other medically approved safeguards "Don't worry many we'll watch you" until you try adding to your doctor prescribed medicine regime 

beware of those "friends". Abrupt withdrawal of ANY anti-psychotic has pretty adverse effects. And no, pot won't cure a mental disorder.