Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Husband got upset about almond milk?

Long story short I bought almond milk because I realized cow milk makes my skin breakout and I'm taking baby steps to remove all dairy products from my diet. He's allergic the tree nuts and he got mad because I brought some and he's been ignoring me all day. He said I might kiss him by accident, but if he's that concerned I will rinse my mouth out everytime I consume it to be on the safe side. Keep in mind I'm not forcing him to drink it & I'm not gonna be using it in any recipes,  just drinking and eating cereal. Do you think he's being self centered right now? Or am I wrong.

Update:

I'm still gonna buy him 2% milk bc that's what he drinks but I'm honestly confused why he's mad.

Update 2:

The 2% was already in the house I was just trying out my options. He's doesn't have a severe reaction only if he eats/drinks thr tree nuts. 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

    You are being a selfish pig.

    Allergies can be really awful and dangerous and he is right about being exposed to his allergen by casual contact with  you.

    I know someone SO allergic to tree nuts that a goodnight kiss from his daughter who had a sandwich with almond butter on it for lunch sent him to the hospital.

    Keeping something he is allergic to in your fridge is just BEGGING for a problem.

  • Cathy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    I suggest you give him extra head in an effort to get him to forgive you

    Source(s): Ivanka Trump
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

     Encourage him in buying milk which suits his health zxjqf

     . . . . . . . . . .

     , , , , , , , , , ,

  • 2 months ago

    I can’t see why he would be mad about this, unless he thinks that if he can’t have almond milk then you can’t either... which is very immature. So is ignoring you. Tell him kindly that you don’t know what you’ve done wrong but would like to hear his thoughts when he’s cooled off. Then just give him space 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    I've had patients who are sooo allergic to things such as latex that even going through the tire display section sends them into an allergy-induced epi-pen situation. Just switch the milk alternative. So many options as stated below in the comments. For me personally i stopped drinking milk and its been a game changer to my stomach...as I've aged i cant tolerate it. Yes I've have cheese every once in a while yet I'm fine without it and i can pass it up without craving it. All the best!

  • Jane
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If he has an allergy to tree nuts then he may be right, traces may set him off. There are plenty of other plant milks you can use, to avoid your own reaction to dairy- oat, rice, soy, coconut, just as good as almond milk. Why wouldn't you choose a perfectly good alternative? It's not an allergy competition.

    For me, it would be cheese I would really miss if I had to exclude dairy- most vegan cheese is nasty, although I have had vegan mozza on pizza and it was actually ok.

    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-vegan-chee...

  • 2 months ago

    All this over milk guys. MILK. Whoopdedo. I agree with those who asked if his allergy is so severe, you can purchase the other alternatives. If it's not, drink something else. The person asking what he will drink before you get 2%.... sweetie, it's milk. Water does exist, so do other beverages. Why do we care so much?

  • 2 months ago

    Just how old is he? A little bit of almond milk on your lip is going to kill him?! Or is he very seriously medically allergic? So use oat milk or Coconut or soy milk. Or buy one carton of that, use it and put your almond milk into it. If he has no reaction after a few days, you'll both know. 

    Good Luck!

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Assuming this isn’t a troll, there exists other non-dairy milks like soy, oat or rice milk, etc. I don’t know if you prefer almond over these, but if either kind is fine then buying any of these should be fine.

  • Helen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    That depends. Is his allergy so severe the slightest exposure could kill him?

    No?

    Then he's overreacting.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.