Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Are teachers allowed to smoke at school?

It depends on the local jurisdiction. Most states don't allow smoking indoors except for mostly southern states.. There are many other smaller jurisdictions (like school districts, cities, etc.) that can place additional restrictions that are above those in effect in a state.

I remember smoke coming out of the teachers' lounge when I was in elementary school, but, for the most part, it doesn't happen any longer.

• ?

Not in the government schools.

• zipper

Yes, they have a special room for that: THE TEACHERS LOUNGE!

• ?

I don’t think they are in the UK anymore but they certainly did when I was at school in the 70s. 

If you had to go to the staff room for anything at lunch or break time, the door would open followed by a big cloud of smoke. It was almost like it was on fire!

smoke what????????????

a few puffs on the chronic should keep them mellow . 

Depends on the school

• ?

yes but not infront of the students , or no if the school has a no smoking policy .

• Stella

When I was in school, a plume of smoke wafted out of the teachers' break room whenever the door opened.

That was a long time ago though.

I don't think it's allowed anymore.

• drip

In the USA currently.

No teachers can not smoke at school. 

No one is allow to smoke in or in school property. Meaning no one, even a parent could not smoke while watching a football game outside.

No one can smoke in a public building. Most business do not allow smoking,