? asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Why do people think it's inconsiderate to leave the toilet seat up just because females use the toilet sitting down?

This isn't a good reason because people can just put down the toilet seat themselves, and it's not like they're not going to wash their hands after.

Women aren’t facing the toilet when they need to pee, so they might not notice that the seat is up. Then they fall in and get stuck. 

I dropped my toothbrush once. Now i leave the lid down too. 

Before a woman can use the toilet, she has to unfasten and pull down her pants and pull down her underwear.  That is normally done with her back to the toilet, so she can quickly sit down.  And when she needs to go urgently, seconds count.  So, she gets angry when she quickly sits down only to find  she is peeing on the toilet lid, which can get onto their clothes, and she then has to clean the lid.

• ?

When you use a shared space like a bathroom, you should leave it AT LEAST as neat and tidy as you found it. In a neat and tidy bathroom, BOTH SEAT AND LID are in the closed position unless the toilet is in use. This prevents things falling into the toilet bowl as well keeping the unsightly (inside of toilet) out of sight. 

I don't know about YOU but I most certainly wash my hands after touching a toilet seat. 

• Sandy

a toilet with the lid up looks unsanitary. just buy a lid that automatically closes when you push it. besides, all the mist from the water when you flush goes into the air and gets on your tooth brushes, facial brushes, towels, etc. what's so hard about tapping the lid closed?

How many times do you plan to ask this question? Once was enough.

Didn't you watch that episode of South Park?  That's why.

Besides, women (usually those same women who insist women are vastly smarter than men) often forget to look where they're sitting.  I don't know of a single guy who fell in while sitting down for a crap, but it happens to the smarter sex all the time.  

The toilet seat and lid should be lowered after every use when at home