Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 days ago

Do Christians have to consult their bible for an answer to everything in life?

I mean, why not use your own mind and think for yourself. 

• David
    4 days ago

The Bible is smarter than I am.

• Paul
    4 days ago

Definitely not. Jesus Christ founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". This is the only place Jesus ever said we would find God's truth. He never mentioned the Bible, which figures, since His Church didn't even compile the Bible until three and a half centuries after His death, resurrection and ascension into Heaven. The only way we know that the Bible is God's word is that it was compiled by the Church to which Jesus guaranteed the fullness of truth. His Church taught that fullness of truth before it created the Bible, and in the years since, but it didn't get its teachings from the Bible. The Bible got its teachings from the Church.

• 4 days ago

The Bible is only one portion of the authentic Judeo-Christian faith Tradition.

• 5 days ago

Proverbs 14:12 There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death.

• 5 days ago

Nope.  The Bible doesn't have all the answers, and of course God expects us to use the brains he gives us.

5 days ago

People thinking for themselves is what has this world in such terrible shape. 

• User
    5 days ago

No.

For example: when my computer breaks down, I don't consult my Bible for instructions on how to proceed.

I might indeed pray

but I will also take action(s) that I expect will result in the computer being restored to working order

and

I will not find such things taught in the Bible.

• I see the results of people relying on their own hearts and minds when making decisions. That's why the world is in such a mess. True Christians make decisions based on Bible principals which is putting our trust and reliance on Jehovah, and for doing so God blesses us and takes care of us. Even though the world is a mess we live in a spiritual paradise receiving an abundance of spiritual food at the proper time that keeps us well fed and joyous and prepared for what lies just ahead. 

• 5 days ago

The Bible can heal

5 days ago

It certainly seems that way, doesn't it. 

Christians need additions, stand-ins, symbolism, and promises of things that they can readily understand. They have no use for the glorious and unimaginable wonders that God has waiting for them. 

Christians using their own minds, is not an option.