nadia asked in HealthMental Health · 5 days ago

should i see a dr?

i’ve been recently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder but i’ve also been having a lot of crying spells. i’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping and my mind is going crazy with multiple thoughts jumping from one another. i have therapy sessions in my head. i start crying and asking god “please help me” then i tell myself “nobody knows” “nobody gets it” “i need help” but then i say i’m fine there’s nothing wrong with me and i tell myself there is and i just cry and ask for help all over again. what should i do? i feel like a zombie. i’m not happy and i feel really sad but when i tell the people i’m close to they think nothing of it. they think i’m fine but i don’t feel fine i feel like a different person. i woke up today wondering why i wanted to bang my head against the wall lastnight because of how frustrated and sad i was. what do i do?

• 5 days ago

If you have an anxiety disorder, you should receive treatment for it. I have information about anxiety in my answers. Treatments range from simple stress management to therapy and medication. Don't overlook stress management, which can help even with very bad anxiety.

• 5 days ago

You need to challenge yourself and find mental stimulation so you don't have time to spend fixating on problems that your mind is creating. Try volunteering or taking on a second part time job to keep you busy.  

• 5 days ago

We have a rule in psychiatry:

Ask yourself if this Anxiety Disorder is getting in the way of you functioning well on a daily basis and if you feel confident and happy.

If not, then you have answered your own question.

Your illness is getting in the way of you living your life.

Make an appointment to see your own family medical doctor and make a long list of your symptoms to take to your appointment.  TELL YOUR DOCTOR that this is causing you a lot of problems and you are unable to function well.

If he or she cannot treat you, they should refer you to someone who can.

But don't ever take "No" for an answer because you're not "fine".

• 5 days ago

Asking God to help you was a good idea.  But God speaks to us through His Word.  Please read the New Testament.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  There are answers to life's problems in the Bible.  I asked Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me with all sorts of problems, as well as given me assurance of a home in heaven.  I recommend Him to you.  He is a faithful friend.