R&P: Musically speaking- If you could re-roll the dice on your formulative years, which decade would you choose to grow up in?

Happy Christmas Just John!

I'll stick with the decade I did grow up in 83-93.

I turned 13 in 1983 and Wow, to be young and alive in those 10 years.(Blessed)

Whenever I hear a tune/song from that time my Adrenaline gets rushing.

No Music before or after that time has the same effect.(Why is that?)

Even though I appreciate and love 50/60/70's and post 1993 music, nothing has got in my brain like my chosen Decades musical contribution.

When I come to think of it I'm exactly the same with Books and Movies.

definitley the 90s

• ?

Hey Livin', back in the mid seventies I picked up a compilation record that was called "Heavy Metal" (not the movie soundtrack), but it really wasn't heavy metal, it was more like hard rock. This was a very important album in my formulative years, because it introduced me to many bands I had yet to hear, like Yes, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, King Crimson, Deep Purple, Frank Zappa, and many others. You could call it my launch point. That, along with Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, The Midnight Special, and California Jam 1 and 2, was my entrance into the musical world. That was an exciting time. My favorite highlight was hearing Yes for the first time, which was Starship Trooper from the live Yessongs album, which became my first Yes record. Peace

• mars

The Nineteen-fifties.

Old enough to remember the 70's but was still young enough to enjoy the 90's.  Wouldn't change a single thing.

If I made the choice, I'd be a little boy in the 60's, enjoy my youth in the 70's, and be a full-grown adult in the 80's and 90's.

I started listening to rock music after the Beatles broke up. I did not have an FM radio and so I did not hear rock music back then. If I can go back, I would definitely choose to grow up in the 1960s. May be I could have gone to Woodstock instead of seeing the documentary film inside a cinema in the early 1970s. I missed the 1960s completely as a rock fan. I had the misfortune of having to put up with Disco in the 1970s. Yuck. 

• ?

Born in the late 50's and like the rest, I wouldn't change a thing.

• ?

Right where I did. The 1960's.

OH, and to your other question since I wasn't brave enough to link TWO in one question since my answer would disappear, May I add another tune "Unique to our home", most others could not appreciate unless they know our style? Do you mind Sir ?

The girls music has TONS of those "Flying Potatoes". Sounds that seem to come from places there are not any speaker. Might be please with your cans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXO_92ilt-A

Youtube thumbnail

• Petter

Probably very easy to get nostalgic and biassed by your "own" decade, but yeah. I would definitely wanna grow up in the 80's again.