Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 months ago

What are some unique colour inspired names? ?

I am writing a book, just need some colour inspired names for a story, I already know the typical Scarlett, Ruby, Blue, Onyx looking for something different. 

Honor Blackman?

Since I’m not the best name-maker, I searched up on the search engine ‘shades of color’. It’s best to use that as a little reference and select images. There, you will find different shades of different colors depending what you typed on the search bar. Here are a few examples:

Blue

-Azure

-Cobalt

-Spruce

-Indigo

-Aegean

-Lapis

-Cerulean

Pink

-Ruby

-Magenta

-Fuchsia

-Amaranth

-Thulian

-Cerise

Purple

-Mauve

-Violet

-Periwinkle

-Rasin (nickname could be Rai, Rasi, or Rin)

-Sangria

-Lilac

-Lavender

Green

-Chartreuse

-Juniper

-Olive

-Sage

-Basil

Orange

-Merigold

-Apricot

-Marmalade

-Honey

-Amber

-Ginger

-Cider

Red

-Merlot

-Garnet

-Crimson

-Mahogany

Yellow

-Tuscany

-Flaxen

-Ecru

-Sepia

-Laguna

* You can use another language other than English for a color name.

Examples:

(Spanish) Azul-Blue

(Spanish) Rosa-Pink

(French) Rouge-Red

(French) Violette (feminine)-Purple

(French) Violet (masculine)-Purple

(French) Blanche (feminine)-White

(French) Blanc (masculine)-White

* You can add letters to the color names and change them around, too.

Examples:

Lime->Lima. Blue->Bleu. Violette->Violetta.

* You can use two color names at a time or only one. It is also up to you, if you want to use nicknames or not. Example with Rasin.

* I hope this helped you! Credits and thanks to Google Images! Have fun choosing/deciding a name for each of your characters. If you don’t mind me asking, where will you post this story, so I can read it (that’s only if you want other people to read it). I understand if it’s personal. Anyways, Take Care! :)

*Update: Excuse my American English usage of color. “Colour” “Colo(u)r” I am not a native British person.

• F

Theresa Green, everyone knows Theresa Green.

I have a friend that goes by Bleu Because her name is Azul but that may be to on the nose for many

• ?

Perhaps now is the time to break the news to you that "different" and "unique" are NOT synonyms.

I find it a bit worrying too that someone writing a book is unable to think of  words for colours. It doesn't say much for your powers of imagination.

• denise

Sapphire,  Topaz,  Magenta,  Tawny,  Rosy,  Jasmine,  Amber,  Crimson,  Sable,  Violet,  Cerise,  Aqua,  Poppy,  Fern. 

• Tina

Bianca, Blanca, Viridiana, Bruno, Jasper,

• Elaine

Your best source of information is Roget's "Thesaurus".  Use your main colour groups such as blue, green.  As an example here are some words from the blue group of colours: azure, sapphire, aquamarine

• Andrew

As the evening sky faded from a salmon colour to a sort of flint grey, I thought back to the salmon I had caught that morning, and how grey he was, and how I'd named him "Flint." 

Ivory, Blanche, Crimson (I know a girl with this name), Ash, Violet, Sierra, Cerise (a red), 

Grey, Amber, Forest, Hunter, Olive, Slate, Ginger...that’s it. I tap out from there.