rrgitars asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Is my clown loach lethargic and not eating?

I have a clown loach that's about 10 years old. He seems to be healthy but he stays in his log which is a shelter and doesn't come out to eat. I've tried different foods but if this point I don't know what to do I don't believe it's a bacterial infection or any illness I see no signs on his fins a scan of anything. Any ideas what this can be and what I can try to do to get the big old guy eating again.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Well done you! 10 years old. It may be that he is just getting old. They get slower and a bit lethargic when older. Go into You Tube and you will find masses of information from top fish breeder  etc...I've recently spend HOURS learning stuff.

I hope that he is doing well, I had mine for nearly 18 years!!! with goldfish.

• 2 months ago

I would try Garlic infused foods, live foods, and, bug bites

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Try two things. Give him live food like bloodworms or brine shrimp. Failing that, take a water sample to your local fish store-BUT-take the sample from the Bottom of the tank, not the top. 

• Raven
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Have you tried a live food like blackworms?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Turn the lights off and use a torch occasionally.They are nocturnal feeders.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.