rrgitars asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Is my clown loach lethargic and not eating?

I have a clown loach that's about 10 years old. He seems to be healthy but he stays in his log which is a shelter and doesn't come out to eat. I've tried different foods but if this point I don't know what to do I don't believe it's a bacterial infection or any illness I see no signs on his fins a scan of anything. Any ideas what this can be and what I can try to do to get the big old guy eating again.

Well done you! 10 years old. It may be that he is just getting old. They get slower and a bit lethargic when older. Go into You Tube and you will find masses of information from top fish breeder  etc...I've recently spend HOURS learning stuff.

I hope that he is doing well, I had mine for nearly 18 years!!! with goldfish.

I would try Garlic infused foods, live foods, and, bug bites

• kswck2

Try two things. Give him live food like bloodworms or brine shrimp. Failing that, take a water sample to your local fish store-BUT-take the sample from the Bottom of the tank, not the top. 

• Raven

Have you tried a live food like blackworms?

• Barry

Turn the lights off and use a torch occasionally.They are nocturnal feeders.