Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What comes after death?

I dont want to stop existing because I really want to know what the Earth will be like in the year 2200 and beyond that

94 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well you'd better start taking your vitamins and getting enough sleep.  The singularity will allow your consciousness to extend past 2200.

• 2 months ago

Either ashes, or rot  and bodily deterioration and decay starts immediately after death.

Unless you choose to be buried at sea, that is.... Then you become fish food so return to the  food chain eventually.

• 2 months ago

That's a very natural thing to want.  But wanting and reality don't always dovetail together.  We all want peace and prosperity, but it doesn't always happen.

We have no evidence that consciousness can survive without the brain.  We have no evidence of an afterlife.  I'm sorry to say, you're not going to know about 2200 and beyond.

• Carym
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Heaven or Hell.

We only have this time and place to make our eternal decisions regarding the hereafter. 

----------------

E J, the Bible does not support 'Soul sleep.'

Our immortal souls are conscious at all times while our lifeless bodies remain in the grave. Upon physical death, Christians will immediately be in the presence of God.  The wicked will return to Sheol, even all the nations who forget God [Psalm 9:17]  >>Here 'Sheol' signifies the place of torment, commonly called Hell, where devils and damned spirits are; so too the souls of the wicked, immediately upon their departure from their bodies [Luke 16:23-24]; [Acts 7:56]; [ Luke 23:43].

[Proverbs 15:24] The way of life winds upward for the wise, that he may turn away from Hell.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

how do you know you will stop being?  

• 2 months ago

What a pity that we can't wish a new reality into existence!

• 2 months ago

King James Version Bible

Hebrews Chapter 9

27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation Chapter 20

11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Daniel Chapter 12

1. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Revelation Chapter 20

12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Daniel Chapter 12

2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.

• 2 months ago

Judgment.               

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Either being turned to ash by cremation, or your body decomposing if you are buried.

• 2 months ago

Nothing comes after death. If there was something after death, they wouldn't call it "death", they'd call it "resting" or "napping".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.