Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

Moving house with a cat?

Hey guys, I need some advice with my cat. I plan on staying with my boyfriend at another house for about 3 months in the close future. After those 3 months, I will be returning home for a random length of time. It could be a few weeks, to a year, before moving out to my own place. I have my cat, who’s 8 years old. She’s my best friend, and out of my big family, I am the ONLY person she likes. She barely tolerates my family, she stays in my room and doesn’t like being near other people. She absolutely adores me, we cuddle every night, and I often feel that when I go out, she misses me, and always greets me when I come home. Should I take my cat with me to a new house? Also, she is an outdoor cat, but she will have to stay indoor if she does come. 

Basically, I leave my cat for 3 months at a home she’s known her whole life, with people she hates, and me not there. Or I take her with me to a new place she’s never been, she doesn’t have the stress of lots of people but she will have to be indoors the whole time, and then take her home, to then another new environment.

I’m worried she’ll get so stressed she’ll pass away, as she is an old girl. 

About her health: she is very lively, energetic, she eats all the time, she has no grey fur, she can run, she plays. She doesn’t seem like a senior cat. She’s had no health issues, and she’s up to date with her vaccines. 

Edit: I don’t need permission from my family, I’m asking about her health. How she will handle the stress. Is it a good idea to move a senior cat around, from a place since she was a kitten? She is my cat, so there’s no decision about my family.

Orthodoxy = the only true faith; Roman Catholics tried one cup - one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery then monks/nuns will get sick with flu/tuberculosis (for instance); Orthodox churches who closed for COVID or had disposable cups/spoons are no longer brides of Christ (now they serve Satan and honor Satan's new COVID religion).

Priests who were working for KGB (that is spying on people and betraying their confession) = Sergian heresy. Now, CIA and FSB (new name for KGB) don't need to have priests constantly reporting because of new technology (bugs) that allows them to listen in (and if cameras are present... to look into what people are doing). Do you want the Holy Spirit to defend you or you want the antichrist to defend you using cameras? Your phones spy on you; don't bring them to church.

Wax candles, antimins (remains of saints sewn into a towel), one cup, one spoon, non-Kosher non-barcoded non-QRcoded non-yeast bread/wine...

Three biggest saints in this order: (1)Theotokos Virgin Mary; (2)John the Baptist who was beheaded on 9/11 (soccer ball = John the Baptist’s head); (3)Tsar Nicolas 2nd = redeemer from lower caser “r” (while Christ is “Redeemer” from capital “R”).

Patriarch Kiril of Russia is enemy of Christ and should be executed; give me a gun now to shoot Kiril; not only Kiril but all the traitors from all local Orthodox churches; last Orthodox Patriarch = Irenaios 1st of Jerusalem; Irenaios blessed Catacomb movement more than five years ago.

Ecumenism = 263 heresies; each heresy leads to hell; Priests who participate in ecumenism/COVID restrictions will have Pagans walking on their heads in hell.

Arkhimandrite Antonin Kapustin left a prophecy that Church of All Russian Saints in Gorny Monastery, Ein Karem, Israel will be blessed by forerunner of antichrist; pseudoPatriarch Kirill of Russia and Mark of Berlin blessed this church in 2007. When priests pray for current gov't (instead of praying for future Tsar), Jesus gets up from His throne and turns His back to them.

Matthew 18:15-17; 15 “If your brother or sister[a] sins,[b] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[c] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a Pagan or a tax collector”.

English Psalm 96:5 (Russian Psalm 95:5); “Because all gods of Pagans are demons. The LORD created the heavens”; forgive me.

Source(s): Saint Spyridon Bishop of Trimythous killed 900 Roman Catholics posledneevremya.ru/?p=462 If you follow the New COVID religion, then you're going to hell; no ifs and buts about it. Chipped vaccine = mark of the beast; forgive me

Moving with animals can be a challenge, but overall, I think your cat would prefer to be with YOU. If she doesn't like the family, no point in keeping her there. If she's bonded with you, she'll quickly get over the stress of a new environment. So a few things:

1. BEFORE moving her completely, get her things over to the house, and if you can, bring some things over from the home you're moving to to get her used to the scents. Do this off and on for about a week or so, if you can (don't know how far away the new home is from your home now). Have a room already set up completely, with water, food, and her litter tray before you plan on taking her over. Last things to pack up are her favorite toy(s) (if she has one), and the cat packed up in the carrier and off you go.

2. When you get to the new place, take her in slowly using calm, soothing voices. Take her right up to the designated room, shut the door, set her down gently, and open the carrier door. Don't coax her out, don't try anything like that. Just keep talking and reassuring her that you are there. Leave something with YOUR scent on it, too. Then leave and JUST LET HER BE. You can leave a small light on for her if you want, but just let her be, seriously. She may stay in the carrier, she may come shooting out and rush under the bed or behind something, or may curiously poke her head out a few times. She will need some alone time to settle. This could take a few minutes, a few hours, or a full WEEK. Just be calm.

3. Expect her eating and drinking habits to be off. She may not eat the first day or two, and this is expected. You can go and check on her, see how she's doing. If she's meowing, happy, whatever (you know her and her happy moods, so go from there), you can try opening the door for her to explore more, or sit on the floor and give her loves and treats. 

4. She will not be 100% adjusted for a while, but that's ok. The key is to GO SLOWLY and not push her into something she doesn't want to do. If she wants to stay behind the bed for 2 days, let her. If she's zooming around in 4 days, let her. If she wants to play with you, play with her. If she's hungry at 2pm, feed her. This is an adjustment for everyone, so the calmer and slower YOU ARE, the better off she will be during this whole process. 

Also, don't walk on eggshells or feel like you have to not do something you would normally do when she's around. She has to get used to the new sights, smells, and sounds. Trying to prohibit your movements or be quiet won't help the situation. I'm not saying to go ahead and drop a bunch of pots and pans on the floor, LOL, but don't feel like you have to tip toe. When you go to move back home, the transition should be easier, but you can still follow these steps, and also follow them when you move out completely.

• y

If it is in fact your cat, then you take the pet with you. If it is the family cat that you have claimed ownership of, then that is a family conversation.