Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMobile Phones & Plans · 3 months ago

Why did Apple design Airpods to fall out of your ears onto the street?

The photo shows the things people will do just to be seen with an Apple product.

• D50

It's not like Apple to miss a profitable opportunity. That's why I think they're designed to fall out. The guy in the photo is pretty smart. The Apple people are probably trying to figure out how to get the next generation to fall out of HIS ears.

Because Apple is a garbage company that sells ridiculously overpriced junk, and convinces people they need it.

I haven't had issues with my AirPods falling out of my ears. But you may want other earbuds or over-ear headphones if your AirPods keep falling out.

Apple's AirPods are the best pair of totally wireless headphones I've tried, despite breaking one of the most common design rules for earbuds.

Instead of having gummy tips, which create a full seal around your ears to stop outside noise from leaking in, the AirPods are made entirely out of hard plastic.

Because they don't create as tight of a seal, the AirPods may not sound quite as good as other high-end earbuds, but in my experience, they're the only pair of totally wireless earbuds that reliably sits in my ear.

The other totally wireless earbuds I've tried so far have their tight seal broken within a couple of minutes, because they're much more sensitive to movement. Once the seal is gone, music doesn't sound as good, and they fall out.

The real question would be, why do people buy them? It's just a dumb trend that people gobbled up. I think if one falls into a storm drain, it is just life telling you that you are a fool.

• garry

maybe you might be wearing them wrong , have you thought of that !!!

I have to admit Apple has a very poor design for their AirPods.

They didn’t. 

But in adopting a “one size fits all” policy to keep the design typical of Apple minimalism, they inevitably ensured that AirPods would not fit everyone. 

Cleary, they recognised that with their vastly overpriced AirPods Pro because they come with a variety of silicone eartips. 

When they die about two years later because the rechargeable batteries are knackered, they’re junk: Apple made sure that the batteries are non-replaceable. I only mention that last bit to justify my claim that they’re vastly overpriced. At £250 they cost about £10 per month. That’s a lot compared to many other Bluetooth ‘buds with noise cancelling which can have replaceable batteries giving them a much longer usable lifespan.

I’m not anti-Apple: I own many of their products. But with AirPods Apple truly have abused customer loyalty and ensured loads of unnecessary electronic waste.

• L

Apple did not design them to fall out of your ears. I've been using AirPods for a few years and they have never fell out of my ears.

The image you shared shows someone who is stretching their ear-lobe which happens to be of a size where the AirPod happens to fit. It is funny.

On the other hand, I have a few non-Apple earbuds that fall out. I was reluctant, at first to get the AirPods (expensive), but they are worth every penny.

He's one step away from becoming a Borg.