Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Can I get a tattoo while I’m on antibiotics (cephalexin)?

I have a sinus infection so that’s what I was prescribed. Completely forgot I have a tattoo appointment tmrw. Will this affect anything?

I’ve read the cephalexin is taken for tattoo infections. But would this affect my tattoo if I’m taking it BEFORE?

No, I don't  think so.

• ?

The best advice for anyone wanting a tattoo, but who is currently taking antibiotics, is to wait. Getting the tattoo could put your body under a lot more stress since it is already dealing with an infection. The healing process of the tattoo may also be compromised.

• kelvin

Well, technically, you can. If you get a tattoo, you'll just add more work for your immune system. ... An overloaded immune system can slow down the tattoo healing process.

• Jake

your skin has nothing to do with a sinus infection

Antibiotics kill the good germs, not just the bad ones, meaning that your immune system is temporarily compromised. The best idea would be to wait a month or 6 weeks. 

Getting the tattoo could put your body under a lot more stress, since it is already dealing with an infection. The healing process of the tattoo may also be compromised.

Should be fine.