why are there so many anonymous users on yahoo now?

i find it a little bit pathetic & cowardly to be honest, why are they hiding and who from?

most people who's question i go to answer now, they are anonymous - how ridiculous is that?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It keeps delicate snowflake conservatives from blocking you just because they want to suppress a certain point of view. 

Ok, had to do that for the other Anon. Seriously, what happens is that people who dislike a particularly controversial response will go to that persons questions or even their answers and post stupid stuff, naming you and calling you out. it's easier just to put the anon up there and keep that from happening.  Blocking you does nothing, really. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

not just that, but most of the people who do show their name have made their activity private

• 2 months ago

I think that since the option is there, people are using it to either be jerks or because they're embarrassed of asking or answering certain questions

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I do it cause **** it, why not.... what are you gonna do about it. You think you’re all high and mighty because you show your ******* name and some lame *** photo or what 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It keeps delicate snowflake Liberals from blocking you just because they want to suppress a certain point of view. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The feature has a legitimate purpose and that is if someone wanted to share something that could give away personal details, give their opinion without being stalked and harassed by people calling you names, among other things. I don’t see how it’s cowardly I think that’s just your way of feeling better then everyone you can run around calling people cowards when you don’t even know the real meaning 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not pathetic or cowardly. People answer anonymously because answering anonymous prevents the asker or others who don't like their answer from blocking them. You can't block someone who has answered anonymous. They're obviously not scared people are going to find out who they are because the user ID and avatar themselves masks actual identity. What they're doing is keeping themselves from being blocked, especially by users who ask loaded questions or assert falsehoods but want it to seem like they're right by making sure nobody disagrees with them, which they try to accomplish by systematically blocking everyone that disagrees with them so that eventually, the only people that answer their questions are people who agree with them, many of those "people" quite possibly being themselves, sock puppets, parallel accounts they've set up specifically to answer their own questions, agree with themselves, and create the appearance that they are widely agreed with. 

Anyone whose object is to thwart the spread of disinformation by contradicting the assertions of others and providing proof, they will always answer anonymous, not because they're scared or pathetic, but because others are so scared and pathetic that they can't face the truth and can't stand the truth to be known. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.