Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesOther - Car Makes · 2 months ago

Kia vs jeep?

My two friends got into a debate/argument what car is better.

The Kia person said their car is better, and the better deal. It is FWD, has Bluetooth, track on control so you don't need 4wd/AWD. 

Has dual control for heat. 

All the other person said is my jeep might be pretty plain simple plain keep is better than a Kia fully loaded. That she would never buy one.  They are crap?

So jeep or Kia ? 

"track on control so you don't need 4wd/AWD. "

It's "Traction Control", and it's not a substitute or even comparable to AWD or 4WD

Most modern Jeeps or any car for that matter with have bluetooth and traction control anyway. 

Well, the Kia isn't as high maintenance or as expensive to repair, so it definitely has that in its favor

• zipper

JEEP< JEEP< JEEP ! BUY AMERICAN! ALWAYS!

• garry

why , after all smaller cars as safe as big cars , and  jeeps and kia are involved in crashes anyway , i would consider the basic cars and not all those expensive add ons .

I think kia is much better than jeep.

• F

I had a Jeep in 2000, it was mechanically crude with terrible brakes, engine from a tractor and suspension from the 1800s, abd was so badly made it was falling apart after 4 years. It is the only car I’ve had that failed it’s first MOT at 3 years.

I have recently been in a comparable Kia (2015), and the quality is 1000% better. OK 15 years is a long time, but Jeep is now part of Fiat, so I can’t believe the quality will have improved.

I'd say the Kia is best but if happy with what you have, who cares which one is best. 

• ?

I drove a Kia for 10 years and loved it.  I tried several Jeep models before I bought it and hated them. They didn't ride well at all. My Kia Rondo was a beast in the snow and would go anywhere even with just front wheel drive.

Seems that each is happy with their purchase, so there is no need to argue.   Sometimes in can be ascertained which is better in certain circumstances.  For one of your friends, 4wd is important, for the other duel control of heat is important.