When should we have another baby ?

Me and my wife just had our daughter a couple months ago our son is 6 shes really wanting another one since we have an almost 2 month old I think it's a little too soon for another one. What do you think ?

• LizB

It's up to you two, but pretty much any OBGYN would advise your wife to wait a minimum of 12 months if she had an uncomplicated vaginal birth, and at least 18-24 months if she had a c-section. Pregnancy and birth is extremely demanding on the body, and although most healing takes place within the first 6 weeks, it really takes about a year for the body to fully recover.

No! You are already contributing a lot to overpopulation with your two so stick to two!

That's all up to you and your wife, couldn't care less.

It is crazy to plan on having another child so soon after the birth of your two month old daughter. 

Besides the whole wide world going through challenging times, your wife's sanity is at stake here. It is ultra stressful to be pregnant while caring for a small baby and then to care for another baby when the previous baby is entering toddlerhood is just too mucking fuch stress.

Your wife is in la-la land.

I would say it's entirely based on how you and your wife feel. The advantage is that the kids would be closer together and the disadvantage would be any risk to your wife.

Minimum of two year’s between the children is advised zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

That's between you and your wife.  There is not "should" in this instance.  If you and your wife want and can afford another child, it is up to the two of you to determine when to try for that child.

I think the world is crowded enough and two is probably plenty. 

You have a 6 yr old son that is a techie kid who can use "phone cleaning apps, clears texts and recent calls, and clears the cache(s) regularly? Amazing...you must be very proud. Why have more pretend kids when you've already pretended to have a well above average kid who is only in the 1st grade? 

.

At least no one is crying or upset in this post (I'm sure that's coming). 

I agree with Jameka, it is dangerous and way too soon!!!! Plus the 2 month old needs both of your undivided attention, sex can wait the baby needs you.

Depends, have you comforted her enough yet, Sapina?

Yes way to early , its risky for her body and you should wait until the new baby is alittle older because babies need undivided attention lol