Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

diehard boxing fans worldwide - folks please,  your most 'memorable' boxing fights of the noughties (2000 - 2009) ?

• snafu

Lennox flattening Rahman in their second fight, with a perfectly set up and timed right.

Also defeating Mike Tyson.  A fight that didn’t bring as much threat to Lewis as was first thought.  A legacy fight for Lewis that bookended both his and Tyson’s career.

• ?

Fernando Vargas vs Felix Trinidad dec. 2000

The year was 2002, the place? Memphis, Tennessee because the challenger was banned from fighting in the home of boxing in the US (Las Vegas) I'm from the UK and I remember back then I didn't have Sky and at the last minute my friend called me up and told me a friend of his had Sky and was buying the PPV so we rushed down to his house to watch it live.

I don't remember who was on the undercard but who cares, this was a fight that was about a decade overdue, both now past their primes (one more than the other) but still had the intrigue of the boxing fans.  Your question is for the diehard but this fight had the casuals all over it, this was one for them they loved it and packed out The Pyramid on the night.

I'm just giving you the one fight as there are too many to recall and this was for me the most memorable. 

Of course I'm talking about Lennox Lewis' defense of the world heavyweight title against Iron Mike Tyson.

The most memorable moment was in Super Bowl 51 when the Patriots came back from 28-3 to win the game 34-28 in OT over the Falcons.