Nicholas asked in SportsBasketball · 3 months ago

How hard would it be to make the NBA at 6’7?

• Dan

The NBA is only for the select the best thing a person can do is to look at education first and foremost and if it's God's will for your life to play professionally somewhere so be it but it's an unrealistic expectation.

I don't know. 6'7" is kind of the perfect height for a star player in the NBA. But on the other hand, it's not tall enough so that you can just rely on your height and that's it, and a lot of people that height are clumsy, weak, or look like Liangelo Ball. I think if you have like a 7 foot wingspan, was fit and pretty fast/athletic compared to others at that height, I think you'd have a pretty good shot at making the league. Or if you're not fat and can shoot well, I think could make it in the 2nd round or as a free agent. But I mean, Kyle Korver is 6'7". He's probably more athletic than most people his height, and it took him being one of the best shooters of all time to barely make it into the league at pick 52. So I think it depends a lot on your athleticism at that height, which is rare. 

Height isn't everything. I was at a game once which Sim Bhullar played in for NM State 

(also known as NMSU). You'd think being 7'5" and 360 teams would love to have him, 

well he could barely move / keep up & wasn't as dominant as you'd expect defensively.

• Willie

You can be 9 feet tall, but that doesn't mean you'll be playing in the NBA.

Are you fast, athletic, skillful? Can you shoot the basketball? You'd still need to put in a lot of hard work and develop your craft. Just think the people you are guarding and the people guarding you will be roughly the same height. You need to have more going for you than height but being tall is definitely not a disadvantage.

95% less hard than a 5'7 guy I'll tell ya that much

That depends on how talented you are at basketball. Height alone won't get you in the league.

• Kathy

It depends on how good the player is.

If you can shoot well, and handle the ball well, you could make it.

just try it and see and then you'll know