John asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

How do I get my abusive parent to attend anger management classes?

My mom is a complete psychopath she will take her anger out on me & my sisters & beat us up for anything. If I tell her she needs anger management classes she will try & justify her behaviors & tell me she doesn’t need to. So what legal actions can I take, my last option is getting her arrested. 

8 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    AFTER your mother (and YOU!) have calmed down, sit down and talk to her. Ask her why she got so wound up to hurt you like that. And (respectfully) ask her what is was you did wrong - and insist on an answer. When she gives you an answer, suggest it could have been easier on everyone concerned if she could have just said that in the first place. Show that you're mature enough to talk to her without 'judging' her. You mother sounds like she has had people lie to her and doesn't trust anyone - even her own kids, so her defences go up and she reacts. Going to the police will only cause you more problems than you're currently having. If the talks don't work - do you have another (older) relative you can sit down and talk to? Again, not passing judgement, but saying it as it is. Do this if your talk with your mum doesn't work. 

  • 3 weeks ago

    Approach any police officer and explain the abuse and they will arrest her and the court will decide if she needs anger management classes or prison.

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    You can't make your Mom take Classes. If I was you I would write my Mom a letter explaining how I feel. Maybe, that will help her with her anger issues. I wish you the best. 

  • 3 weeks ago

    Your mother should be taken for a psychological assessment by the local authorities. If she abuses you and your siblings then she is not fit to raise children in society. 

    She must be sent to the rat house. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    Call the police...especially if she is threatening, destructive or violent.

    Go to court and ask the judge to sentence her to anger management psychotherapy in lieu of jailtime or fine.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Try to talk them into it. But you cant make them.

  • Lili
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    It sounds like she needs more than "anger management" classes, and you, personally, can't legally force her to take them anyway. Only she can decide that she really needs them, unless the state steps in.

    I think she sounds mentally ill, and if she's beating you up, getting her arrested might well be the only way for her to be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

    You could report her to Children and Family Services (or whatever it's called where you live), which might well have you removed from the home.  Is there a relative you could go to?  If so, tell them this and also tell them that you believe your mother needs psychiatric assessment and treatment.

  • 3 weeks ago

    Press charges. The courts will make her take classes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.