Is it okay to drive a car when it says check tire pressure? ?

Is this okay or is it a good idea to not drive it until I take it for pressure check??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If tire pressure is too low, it's NOT ok.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Tyre pressure measurement systems are a pain, as they trigger more fakes alerts than real ones, especially if you get a sharp temperature drop overnight .

They also don’t last the life of your car and have to be replaced at some stage at some expense.

I always carry a gauge to check manually if the light comes on, as a visual check is difficult with low profile tyres.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Smart people carry a tire gauge and know how to check pressure with one

• 4 weeks ago

Just look at the tires and see if one looks low or flat! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stop the car. Get out. If you don't have a tire gauge, then eye-ball the tires on the bottom side for the amount of tire bulge.  The tires should bulge about the same.  The one that bulges more is the Low tire.   Let it really get low and the rim cuts the sidewalls and the tire is now JUNK as it is FLAT.  YOU CAN'T DRIVE anywhere on a flat tire...not even 5 feet.  That is why you have a car jack and a wheel wrench and a spare tire.

If you don't you call a tow truck to tow your PoS to their garage and you pay the TT driver.  . Cheaper to carry a spare tire. 

• 4 weeks ago

If you have the kind of car that tells you what the tire pressure is then you can see just what the pressure is.  If it is over 20 psi you can drive to a gas station and fill up with air.     If it does not tell you what the pressures are then you should carry a gauge so you can see which tire it is and what the pressure is.   (My daughters RAV4 had one on the spare tire that kept going off.   It got to the point she would fill that tire up to 50 PSI just to keep it from going off all the time.) 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.