Leo Berto asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Why The Song Y.M.C.A. By The Village People The Best Dance Craze In History Despite It's 2020 Regaining Popularity By What?

President Donald Trump Dancing (No Joke) With The Dismay Of Many But All Things Aside Y.M.C.A. Is The Best Dance Craze In History Despite The Regaining Popularity Stuff (Non-Politics And Non-Controversies Here) 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

It has a catchy, up-beat tune, and a hint of subverting the "norm" from with-in in the lyrics. 

(To the down thumbers: I was a Seventies young adult, and I like what I like.)

• 1 month ago

Oh yes it is  and a good dance tune, but the use of it by Trump as part of his campaign was hysterical considering his position and attitude toward the Gay community.  Sorry but that is the issue about the tune currently.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Organized dances and especially line dances are for the crowd that can't actually dance. So they are told what to do, and they do it. More recently is the Macarena. It's good for those folks. Otherwise it is far from the best dance tune.

• 1 month ago

"Y.M.C.A." is a song by the American disco group Village People. It was released in 1978 as the only single from their third studio album, Cruisin' (1978). The song was written by Jacques Morali (also the record's producer) and singer Victor Willis.[1] A medley with "Hot Cop" reached #2 on Billboard's Dance Music/Club Play Singles chart[2], while the song reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts in early 1979, placing behind both "Le Freak" by Chic and "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart.[3] Outside the US, "Y.M.C.A." reached #1 in the UK around the same time, becoming the group's biggest hit. It is one of fewer than 40 singles to have sold 10 million (or more) physical copies worldwide.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

its a song about gay men in the navy , the gays use it now , gays use songs as satire , not seriously , dumb ***..

• TB12
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I recall the Hustle being a bigger, better dance craze than YMCA.

• bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

YMCA is the ultimate song for this time period as it is very catchy,has extreme diversity and has family values .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It maybe was/is a craze in America, but nowhere else.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.